- Scientists scan the brains of Buddhist monks.
- CNN looks at the international reaction to the French ban on Muslim headdress.
- New atheist billboards battle over judgement day.
- The Washington Post has a series of articles that use the upcoming royal wedding to reflect on the place of religion in secular society.
- Atheists seek chaplain roles in the US military.
- Religious freedom is officially out in Egypt.
- Religious groups fight over the possibility of budget cuts in the US.
- John Paul II is beatified.
- The Washington Post asks why Americans hate atheists.
- The Peruvian prime minister calls the death of bin Laden a miracle from John Paul II.
- A century-old church in Nova Scotia is being converted into a winery.
- A Boston University undergrad and student of Stephen Prothero's makes no apologies for celebrating bin Laden's death. This piece is presumably a response to Prothero's editorial condemning such celebrations.
- In related news, a majority of Americans polled agree than bin Laden is in hell.
- Stephen Prothero turns to the power of the image in religions to wade into the debate surrounding pictures of bin Laden's death.
- A new study suggests that 1 in 5 scientists who identify as atheists also identify as 'spiritual'.
Tuesday, April 26, 2011
Link roundup: 26 April - 7 May
Posted by Nick Dion at 9:26 AM