- Cuba will be opening its first new Catholic seminary since the revolution.
- CNN chronicles the high turnout of Christian Right voters in Tuesday's midterm elections.
- The Huffington Post also has a piece about Democrats' inability to attract the religious vote.
- The Catholic Church is bringing out a new translation of the Roman Mass, soon to be used in religious services around the world.
- The Huffington Post has an article on Bill Maher's comments about Islam on his HBO show last week.
- The Supreme Court is being asked to rule on the legality of scholarship programs that only allow the winners to attend religious schools.
- Turns out Obama isn't so popular in the Muslim world anymore either...
- Faith groups are pressing Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner to help those who houses are being foreclosed.
- The Huffington Post has a piece by Ravi Shankar on the Hindu festival of Diwali.
- Israel has legalised civil marriages for those who have no official religious affiliation.
- The Pope takes the fifth spot on Forbes' list of most influential people.
- The great mosque-cathedral in Cordoba is petitioning the UN to have the 'mosque' dropped from its official heritage name.
- The first female rabbi has been ordained in Germany since the end of the Second World War.
Friday, November 5, 2010
Link roundup: 4 November - 5 November
Posted by Nick Dion at 9:01 AM